Create collaborative relationships between school librarians and classroom teachers which transforms the school library program into a support system that strengthens the curriculum by bridging the information literacy gap.
The mission of Akin Elementary School's library program is to assist in providing a quality education for every child by:
- Encouraging lifelong information literacy and learning through reading and inquiry.
- Providing an inviting, dynamic environment in which students and staff become learners capable of accessing, evaluating, applying, and sharing information independently.
- Providing real and virtual access to appropriate, high-quality resources (print/non-print and digital formats) and services that support and enhance teaching, literacy, and learning during and outside the school day.
- Participating in curriculum development and design of learning activities.
- Facilitating professional development for the learning community.
Retrieved from https://www.mdek12.org/VMSP